Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 5 ... Dachsie goodness...

Today we ventured over to Roseburg to buy a "lot" of wonderful clothing I had found on Craigslist for Emma.  The smallest of the furless kind in the household I might add.   I'm pro buying pre-loved fashions when I can find them at a steal of a deal.   Name brands, over 100 pieces for only 50 bucks.  Can't beat that with a stick.  I'll have to post a picture of my new 3t hoard later.  

But the BEST best bestest part of the day was when we pulled up.

There ... in the driveway with her hoomamma was a lovely lil brindle patterned Dachsie.  At least I believe she would be considered a brindle.  She was red smooth, with a pie brindle pattern all over.  Rather pretty.   Shy as can be but wiggly as ever once she saw we were good to go.   If I remember right... her name was Lexie.  She was utterly precious.  I just wanted to scoop her up and bring her on home with me.   Hubby was in love to say the least. 

We chatted for a while, played with the pup and then took our booty and went our merry way.  The second best part of the day was the conversation on I-5.    I said "so if the gal said you can just have her what would you have done"  ( now before I have been firmly told.. no more Doxies ) I got the most sheepish reply ever " Oh we would have brought her home and you know it "

Score 1 for Dachsies!

So now the gentle tedious wear down begins.   Should I start with puppy photos and work my way up or what? 

 Molly approves of this Blog.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Cutie pie alert! Don'tcha love when you find a doxie out and about when you least expect it? Can't wait to see your score. Another double plus good moment!
    hugs,
    b

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable picture!! Aren't they just the greatest? T.J. would agree!!!

    Lori & T.J.

    ReplyDelete