Friday, August 22, 2014

Happiness ... in the form of a little brown box

Do you ever have days where it seems or feels like EVERYTHING that could go wrong is going wrong? I was having one of those days today. Just literally.. ahem .. a shit kinda day. Yes .. I said a shit kinda day. I wont be delicate when it comes to describing it with two words.. Just shitty! What I wont do is go into details because my drama is most likely not very interesting... What I will do is show you ... what made my day go from crummy to happiness in all the time it took to open a simple brown box. 
I might add .. this box was completely unexpected. 

 Sometimes.. pictures tell the story .. sometimes I embellish .. I'll embellish here and there if that's ok? 


Now .. isn't this just a delicious looking little box?  It was sitting on my front porch when I got home as if to say "HEY .. I am here for you .. just you .. you and you alone.."  my first smile after a long poopy day.. 

  photo BCR001_zps21dcc323.jpg

So .. I scooped this wee bit of possible happiness up and ran into the house with it as the kids and hubby were coming from the rig.. we had just been to town, chaos.. I tell you... chaos!!  
It was MINE .. mwahahahaha MINE MINE MINE .... I had no idea who it was from .. who it was too .. it was MINEEEE  ( it helps to pay attention to who a box is for before grabbing and running .... I did not!! ) 

and then ... I looked ... my heart went flutter.  I know of only person who frequently shares the cutest little updates from this wonderful little rescue and he knows who he is too... 

 photo BCR009_zpsea59dc72.jpg

Suddenly... this little box of happiness took on all new meaning..  it was an extra special box of happiness .. one that wasn't to be obtained for a while but was bookmarked and on my list of "want badly" as life has it's way of having the needs vs wants currently.  But how I wanted this awesome bit of cookbookery!  You see ..  while I may be a Dachshund Momma ( aren't those cute side photos on the right kinda obvious?? )  My first love is and will always be .. Kitties..  I am owned by 8 kitties..  ( yes all spayed and neutered I am a good pet Mom!! ) I have to admit that I have a partially blind kitty, Macy.  She's my one eyed frita bandita so I have a special place in my heart for perfectly imperfect kitties and .. I have a cookbook addiction .. hey .. don't judge! 

Nestled in that fun poppable pinkness .. is just that.. 
A cookbook .. with kitties inside and out.  
Heaven! 

 photo BCR010_zps4645dc15.jpg

Isn't it delish just to LOOK AT??

 photo BCR008_zps3ba8b2fd.jpg

Common Substitutions, Roasting Chart & Perfect Pasta
 photo BCR007_zps9ffda0a2.jpg

That cool lil plastic bit isn't just for good looks folks. You can remove it from the cookbook and it will hold it upright.  
THAT is damn handy I must say!!   

 photo BCR006_zpsccc1fad1.jpg 

Food Storage Guidelines, General Slow Cooker Tips & Equivalents
 
 photo BCR003_zpsf1a4cba8.jpg

I have to say maybe the best part isn't the recipes.. but the little section dividers that come placed in the back.  You do have to take them out and place them in their proper spots within the book.  I felt them being shipped in the back was smart so that the little tabs wouldn't be bent out of shape from possible mishandling from certain mail carriers I will not name in this certain town where I live.   Anyhoo ... these little dividers.. wonderful!!!  The front of each one has a Blind Cat Rescue kitty picture with their story below.  

 photo BCR004_zpsd8031fc6.jpg

 photo BCR005_zps3b5b85b0.jpg

Even the back is adorable ... 

 photo BCR002_zpsc3e8579e.jpg

and .. just in case you couldn't see from the photo of the front cover.. why yes .. I had to edit these just so they would stand out on there own for you to see ..  
 photo BCR012_zps3e78aafa.jpg

 photo BCR013_zpsd4f78524.jpg

 photo BCR014_zpsaee1b592.jpg

I love humor ... humor, cats and a cook book..  yes .. certainly heaven.  It has 335 pages of recipes ( 336 if you include the last page where you can jot down your own in the blank space provided.. handy! ) Everything from Appetizers and Beverages down to Pet Treats..  Being that I like to bake I will be trying something tomorrow from the desserts section.  Bourbon chocolate chip pecan pie sounds delish but I am afraid I might enjoy more Bourbon than pie if I brought any of that home to make it. 

If I was to make a review of this I would say I am in no way affiliated with the B.C.R. nor are they aware of my posting about their cookbook. The thoughts I write are my own.  ;)

I would say this cookbook is without a doubt .. worth every penny.  Not only does it have all the above..  it helps a wonderful rescue that sees the beauty and perfection in imperfect little furbabies.  What's not to love about that?   
If anyone happens to find this via a search I will tell you that the cookbook is well laid out, exceptionally sturdy, has loads of recipes for meat lovers, veggie lovers and naughty dessert lovers such as myself.  There are simple quick toss togethers and there are ones that are a bit more involved. Which to me is always nice.. sometimes I am in the mood to make something that takes a bit longer and other days I want quick and delish. 

For more information on BCR or to order one of these fantastic cookbooks just click the pic below! 


 photo BCR_zpsd4707c3d.jpg


and .. last but never least ...

Thank you .. to the very special friend in my life that shared this awesomeness with me.   I had a good sniffity cry when I realized where it was from and who made it happen.  Love you lots!!! 

 photo thankyou_zpse0f928b8.jpg



No comments:

Post a Comment