Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Redneck Dox Box

I often find myself out in the garage or yard area doing something that doesn't involve the weens but they want to be where I am.   I had originally constructed a little hidy hole with blankies they could snuggle in which they didn't seem to mind but I never dared to take a photo of it as it was an abomination to creative minds all over.  So this morning while I was out dinking around in the garage I looked over at said abomination and thought. I can do much better than that.  

So hence the title of this postie.  The Redneck Dox Box.  
You'll get it when you get to the next paragraph.  Ha!
I will always try to figure out a way to create something out of things we have on hand before I waste precious time, energy and GAS $$ to drive 25 + miles miles north or south to the bigger towns. I believe in up-cycling.  Sure I could have bought an actual Dogloo (yes the word Dogloo is a linky... ) You will see why I chose not too.

I had a very large tote that the lid had busted on long ago but it was still handy for things so we had kept it.  
What to do with an old large tote?  Why cut a hole in the side of it of course.   No lid?  Well heck, we can fix that too.  This summer led me to the dump of all places as I was trying to find a grate to put over our fire pit.  We don't have the store bought fire pit. We have the real kind, dug into the dirt, lined with rocks and such.  It's big.  We could roast 5 Weenies over it if we wanted to.  The Nathans kind preferably.  But we could NOT find a grate for it.  Walmart carries the smaller pit style grate kind but our pit ate it up.  So .... nothing like a little old upright freezer to supply what we needed.  For free.   So that got plopped on top and topped off with an old front door greeting mat that has long since faded and the "wipe your paws" wording a piece of history.  Place old blankie in and you've got a little weenie roasting sauna going on.


Tobias was the first to inspect... 
Photobucket

Then Molly .. 
Photobucket

Coming back out.. Mishka still wasn't sure. 
Photobucket

Gentle persuasion with Shiloh as he is blind but if you look closely you can see his butt in the opening. He got it really quick and nested right away. 
Photobucket

Peeking in ... I see no complaints ... they kind of reminded me of how puppies are in a little box all cute and bouncing up to say "pick me pick me!"
Photobucket  


The end..  
Photobucket


Thanks for peeking. :)


9 comments:

  1. This is a great idea...these weens have a smart Mama! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMD! I'm crying tears of joy over here just at the thought of them in that little sweet cubbie box. A job well done making it! Now all you have to do is stencil some weenies on the side of it and presto ~ a totally pawfect hiding spot for them all. And yea for Shiloh for having the courage!

    Your talents totally amaze me!

    Hugs,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMD OMD THAT is a COOL DROOL DOX BOX fur SURE. VERY creative.

    My mom and DAD never throw stuffs away beclaws they like to Repurpose Stuffs Also. BRAVO to YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! My four would love if I made them a dox box like that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea. I'll have to look around my place to see if i can be creative like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHOAH, A CLUBHOUSE! i gotta ask Santa-paws for one of those. it'll be great for when i have friends over!

    -ramsay-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just popping in to say hello to you and the ween's. I hope that all is going well on your end.

    Hugs,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. We miss seeing you around! Hope you and the family are doing well. Pop in and say hello sometime.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete